My Etsy shop window

Monday 19 May 2008

Where's all the music gone

What with getting sucked in to all this Etsy malarky of late, and all things crafty, I feel I have totally neglected the music in my life.

Not only have I stopped my saxophone lessons to save money for the upcoming loss of income but I'm going to have to get rid of my piano as well!

Admittedly it's really not a great piano. Even my husband will enthusiastically tell you all about how bad it is even though he doesn't play the piano. (In fact I'm not sure how he's qualified to feel so strongly about it but he does.) It was already second hand when my parents bought it about 23 years ago. It's been through the abuse of two children learners and been moved about a few times and lost a wheel in the process (leaving beautiful scratch marks from the road side to the front door) and is only able to be tuned to itself but, it's my piano! Admittedly, I also don't play it that much either any more but, it's my piano!

But with baby coming we need the space so that's that. It will get replaced and most probably by a keyboard to save on space but let's not go there or I'll start on a rant about how it's just not the same as a piano and then I'll never let it go. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. As long as there's something with keys to push when I get the urge I'll be happy.

But, the whole point of this post was actually to mention a band I'd like to get to know better, but I've been completely sidetracked.

SO... Kings of Convenience!
I think I should like to buy some of their music.
This decision is purely based on their tunes 'Misread' and 'Toxic Girl'.
If you know which album I should start with let me know!

No comments: