My Etsy shop window

Saturday 17 May 2008

Friedensreich Hundertwasser

Following on from my recent posts about my love of art incorporating buildings and streets, I thought I'd mention one of my favourite artists come architect: Friedensreich Hundertwasser.

Although his painting style is very much from the same hand as his building design, I am more of a fan of the buildings. I just love his organic style and use of colour and foliage, and the fact that these are solid structures in every day (residential) use makes them seem even more alive and exciting. I'd LOVE to live in a place like this. Imagine more streets lined with buildings like these.

There should be more buildings like these!

Hundertwasser House, Vienna

Hundertwasser House
Hundertwasser House

Waldspirale, Germany

Waldspirale

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

Wow! That guy rocks!!!! How fun would that be to live in the building with all the trees on top!

Jaimee McClellan said...

Those buildings are amazing!

I so enjoy your blog...I'm glad I found it.