My Etsy shop window

Tuesday 9 December 2008

Dragon House of Yuen - Etsy shop

I find hares mysterious and haunting and to be honest, they freak me out a little bit. I think it's probably got something to do with Watership Down which I've never been able to watch all way through for the same reasons.

This beautiful 'baby hare' by Dragon House of Yuen possess these same qualities for me. I love it but feel slightly sad and uneasy by it. I think the word is melancholy actually. Bagpus also made me feel this way as a child.

Baby Hare Arkasha Soft Sculpture
This one on the other hand is just lovely... no strings attached

Baby Hare Sally Soft Sculpture
Visit Dragon House of Yuen's Etsy shop >

2 comments:

Jaimee McClellan said...

Oh my gosh...Watership Down scared the PANTS off me. I remember watching it with my sister as a girl and I think I had nightmares for weeks. I still can't forgot some of the images!!!

Jane Gallagher / Hostler said...

not forgetting the song. that just makes me want to cry