My Etsy shop window

Sunday 7 September 2008

Vanity

I'm wearing my old jeans! 7 and a half weeks after Oli was born and I'm wearing my pre pregnancy jeans! As Jimmy Savile would say... "How's about that then?"

After being the same size since the age of about 12 (I still wear the belt from my Brownies uniform for crying out load), it's was a very strange experience during pregnancy to watch my face getting fat and my clothes gradually getting smaller and smaller. Even the sleeves! And my shoes.

I can't believe it. That means that my thighs (that had grown to rub together) and ass have now returned to their former state.

It is a slightly early celebration though as the jeans are actually hipsters and sit below the tummy bulge that is still there :)

2 comments:

Jaimee McClellan said...

Woooo Hooo for you!
I made the mistake of assuming I'd be able to Immediately fit into my pre-pregnancy "lose fitting" pants and packed them for my going home outfit from the hospital. I hadn't gained much during pregnancy but there was NO pulling on those babies and I wound up going home in the same clothes I came in. Now that I'm back in shape, we're trying for baby #2...go figure!

Jane Gallagher / Hostler said...

hahaha well at least if you've done it once you know you can do it again!